The Environmental Law division at KLA operates in a multidisciplinary capacity, providing both advisory and litigation legal counsel. This approach is executed in synergy with other legal areas, aimed at structuring solutions and supporting client decision-making across various economic sectors.
The interaction is dynamically and collaboratively established with environmental consultancies and/or clients’ Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) departments. This ensures alignment between legal solutions and the technical needs and specificities of each business.
• Advisory for the decommissioning of ventures with environmental permits
• Assistance in obtaining or renewing permits and licenses
• Legal aspects of environmental reports and studies, in collaboration with the technical department
• Advisory for risk management related to civil and environmental liability
• Participation in Civil Inquiries and Public Civil Actions
Adequacy of Rural Property
• Analysis of property compliance with environmental legislation
• Validation of technical projects and Rural Environmental Registry
• Participation in Civil Investigations and Public Civil Lawsuits
• Identification of legal risks in corporate transactions and the acquisition of rural and industrial properties
• Legal alternatives for risk mitigation for enablement of business
• Management of environmental processes and related areas, including responding to official letters and protocols
• Preparation of defenses and administrative appeals