National Health Surveillance Agency (“ANVISA”) announced last Friday, December 15, 2017, that will publish, in the upcoming days, consultations aiming to simplify and make more transparent the regulation for supplements. Six public consultations were approved gathering all the rules applicable to the sector and shall be focused in the five main topics listed below:
- Inclusion of 35 new substances in the list of allowed ingredients (positive list);
- Review of the maximum limits for specific ingredients;
- Inclusion of new allegations regarding effects of vitamins and minerals in the body;
- Provisions for the inclusion of new ingredients with analysis by ANVISA in the list of allowed ingredients; and
- Specific regulation to define supplements that will not be registered as specific drugs.
The public consultations will be made available in the next days and will be open to contributions for 90 days, starting from 01/01/2018.
For further information, please contact: